Lakelaw - Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Defense Attorneys
Serving Southeastern Wisconsin in Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Defense
Some bankruptcy firms see all bankruptcies as being essentially the same. Any attorney who does not look closely into the unique, individual details of each client's bankruptcy, as well as his or her overall financial and legal picture, could well end up choosing the wrong bankruptcy to file. At Lakelaw we are able to handle the most complicated of bankruptcies. We are also national and state leaders in foreclosure defense.
Contact Lakelaw online or call 262.694.7300
At Lakelaw, we treat each client as an individual, a complete human being — not just as a number or a stack of papers. For more information about bankruptcy and foreclosure defense, follow the links below:
- Bankruptcy: A general overview on bankruptcy and a bit about what you can expect if you are thinking about filing. If you are unsure of what is involved and what you should do to prepare for filing for bankruptcy, our attorneys can explain the bankruptcy process to you and discuss whether or not bankruptcy is right for you at this time.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Also called "wage earner" bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to stop wage garnishments, save your home, avoid having your assets repossessed, and pay back some or all of your debts over time at a rate you can afford.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: Also called "liquidation" or "straight" bankruptcy, in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy most people discharge all of their unsecured debts and keep all of their assets.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and Chapter 128 Receiverships: If you have a small- or medium-sized business, we can help you file for bankruptcy protection under either Chapter 11 or under Wisconsin's unique procedures known as Chapter 128.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency for Businesses: Our firm counsels and represents businesses facing insolvency or bankruptcy. We assist in winding down the business and protecting the owners assets or wiping out the business debt through bankruptcy.
- Trustee Contact and Document Requirements: View our Trustee Contact and Document Requirements page to see what documents trustees require when you file a bankruptcy.
- Saving Your Home from Mortgage Foreclosure: If you are one of the many Americans facing foreclosure, find out what we can do to stop it. You may have important claims under the Truth in Lending Act, RESPA or several Wisconsin statutes.
- Fight Back Against Predatory Lending and Mortgage Rescue Fraud: If you have been tricked into an unfair loan by a predatory lender or mortgage scam artist, find out about our cutting-edge methods of fighting back.
- The difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Understanding eligibility requirements, how each relates to foreclosure, and what happens after you file is important. We explain the differences and help you understand the options available to you.
- Lakelaw Cares — Life After Bankruptcy: After your bankruptcy is over, you may still need help. With the new Lakelaw Cares program, we help our clients to regain their financial footing.
- Getting Ready for Bankruptcy: At Lakelaw, we encourage you to send us the details of your financial affairs from the privacy of your home. Fill out our secure online questionnaire so that we will be ready to give you personal attention from your very first meeting with us. Check out what you can do to prepare yourself for bankruptcy. We also provide you with a link to obtain a free credit report — saving the fee you might otherwise have to pay at another law firm.
- Bankruptcy FAQ: Answers to frequently asked questions about bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy, Divorce and Community Property: Very often, bankruptcy, divorce and asset protection go hand in hand. Because of marital property laws, this is particularly important in Wisconsin. Attorney David Leibowitz has vast experience untangling these complex financial issues.
Hablamos Español - haga clic para Bancarrota o Quiebra
Contact the Attorneys at Lakelaw Kenosha Today
Before you call a debt consolidation company or an out of state company who claims that they can help you save your home, speak with one of our attorneys in order to understand the options available to you. At Lakelaw, in Kenosha, Wisconsin, we will apply our experience and knowledge of the law toward finding the legal solution that works best for you. To schedule an appointment, click here or call 262.694.7300.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.